For Brian Morin, 11, an extraordinary gateway to “adventure” lurks within an unusual place: the corner of a room in a central Fresno 7-Eleven convenience store.
Brian usually stops by five days a week to check out books from a children’s library inside, created by store owners Sushil Prakash and Josephine Kiran as an incentive to get children in the neighborhood excited about reading.
The catch to lure kids? A free Slurpee or hot chocolate for every book read and summarized in a short book report."
Well shit one place you’re sure to find kids ALL THE TIME is 7-11. Flamin hots, slurpees, books? I’m impressed.
10 Amazing Abandoned Places Around the Globe
- Spree Park, Berlin, Germany
- Hotel del Salto in Colombia - featured previously on Curious History
- Gulliver’s Travels Park, Kawaguchi, Japan
- Abandoned mill in Sorrento, Italy
- Mirny (Mir) Mine is a former open pit diamond mine located in Mirny, Eastern Siberia, Russia - The second largest man-made hole in the world
- The abandoned flats in Keelung, Taiwan
- Holland Island in the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, United States
- Craco is an abandoned commune and Medieval village in Italy
- Dadipark Dadizel in Belgium
- Abandoned train depot in Czestochowa, Poland
Where do you get your ideas from?